Sunday, August 3, 2008

Reunions



William LOVES camping! He was ready to go and belted in and waiting for the rest of us!

Aunt Diane took care of us. We had s'more makings, and good food, and most importantly: good sleeping bags!

Each evening, William was one big dirt ball. He loved playing in the dirt. Not being one to risk the dread disease showers in camping grounds on a regular basis (yes, I'm sure they decontaminate and hose them down, but EWWW!), I used baby wipes to get the sediment layer of filth off of him before putting him in the nice sleeping bag.

Our camp site was the family fire campsite. When I put him down for the night, we were technically 6 feet away, laughing and talking and stoking the flames for heat. He would yell things like, "I need some dark in here!" "Can I get a little peace and quiet, please?" It kept the folks on that side of the fire pretty entertained.

No comments: