Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MASSAGEE

I don't have a picture of this, so I'll try to be descriptive. Tim and I were on date night on Tuesday. We were walking to the Hotel New Yokosuka, a common meeting up place. It is near the place they call 'The Honch' and 'Doubuita Street' which is by the main gate onto base.

Several years ago I saw a sign there that said MASSAGE -- SOAPY FINISH. That has become a catch-phrase for me, because I thought it was so funny.

Tim told me about a time when he was here temporarily when a 'buddy' sicked a girl on him to give him a massagee one evening. They can be rather persistent.

Well, we were walking along, and since the sidewalks are narrow, I was walking behind Tim. It's easier that way, since there are bicyclists on the sidewalks here, so you're likely to not have enough advanced warning to get out of the way. Single file, even when we're traveling as a family works great. At least they'll have to mow down 3 in a row, and when I'm in the rear, well, I think I could do some damage to a bike. It's far easier than dodging back and forth when you're walking side by side. Plus, with Tim's long stride, and my short stumpy legs, it's easier for us to just do our own thing.

Anyhoo... a nice dressed Japanese lady, about 30 or so, walks up to Tim and says something. I IMMEDIATELY knew what's going down. Japanese women don't normally talk to men. So I pointed at him and said, "SHUJIN!" (HUSBAND!)

The instant surprise and abashed look on her face was priceless. It was too funny. She'd been caught, by the wife!!

Then we went into the bar and a guy I just met gave me $30 worth of drink coupons (he was heading back to the states the next day). And I didn't even have to give a massagee for it! Score one for the wife!

No comments: