Thursday, December 3, 2009

Beatles Night

Well, if I can't have Paul (the cute one), then Tim is my favorite Mop-top. Last year we went to this really great venue called 'Beatles Night' in Tokyo. It is a cover band, the Parrots, performing Beatles songs. They are really good, and they speak with a Liverpoolian accent when they speak English. It's a hoot!
So, we went back this year. I borrowed an orange peace sign necklace from a friend (my real one is in storage) and bought me some orange hoops, and I was set to scream with the best of them!
These are all really great friends of ours. Standing, from left to right: the Strands are the funnest family, and we're blessed to have them as neighbors (and drinking buddies!). Connors are next, and our closest neighbors, as our driveway comes out in front of their house. She's my RS President (Mormon thing). Aldridges live just a few blocks over here in Mabori Kaigan. They live on the ocean-front and have a great view. Then there's the Murphy's. They live a bit further away, but Christy and I are the same age, and William loves to boss her daughter, Jaz around. Tim and I. The Church's were our sponsors and solid-rock type of friends. Kneeling are Casey and Rich. They are a fun couple who actually invited us over to their place for dinner, even though we come with William in tow! Rich likes the Ice Age movies, so William watched those. Ken and Jandi (sitting). Jandi is the one that turned us all on to this fun night. She's the cook of the neighborhood. The Rourke's are our closest neighbors. I think there's about 10 meters between our beds, if you had an imaginary straight line. But we never see them! Our house has all frosted privacy windows on the back, and so even though their house is kitty-cornered, unless I open up a window and lean out, it's like their house isn't even there.
The deal comes with buffet (and it's a spread) and entertainment. You do have to buy your own drinks.
They give you free hats, sunglasses and glow-sticks. What more can you want? A conga line? Got that! It got so bad trying to get up to the dance floor, we started heading to the back and dancing there.
I was being silly and dancing the swim and the like, and this Japanese man grabs me, and pulls me over to dance with his wife (who had been sitting down)! Luckily, Tim snapped a picture. Kind of odd, but I rolled with it! She was a really good dancer, too! The Japanese man had been dancing with his buddy. He had obviously purchased enough beverages.

1 comment:

Anna Lisa said...

How fun!! I'm glad you helped to make that lady dance. I'm sure her night was SOO much more fun because she did!! I love the look by the way you look great!!! Truly though!!!