Monday, May 24, 2010

Ring Ring Ring, HELLO?!?

In the basement of the mall by the JR station in Kawasaki is the best doughnuts. That's according to my survey of all my friends who have eaten these wondrous baked treats.
I joke that it's, "Ring, ring, ring... Hello?: You must answer the 'call when it comes! It's near the bakery, and a kimchee sales place. Basements of malls in Japan often have food delicacies for sale.
I bought strawberry (far left, top) and chocolate (next to it). Coconut is okay, and I also liked the Earl Grey chocolate ones on the top right. Bottom are un-dipped ones. You get to choose if you want chocolate, or vanilla doughnut.
They are cream filled in the ring hole. All the way around. Notice my chocolate one is long gone, and unavailable for pictures. I'm still amazed it made it home with me!
William is my strawberry boy. Of course, Tim's gone, so I'm all for doughnuts for breakfast. You can send my nomination in for 'mother of the year' to: singleparentsdontcarewhatyouthink.com. :)

1 comment:

Anna Lisa said...

I have a slight obsession with doughnuts. I actually RARELY allow myself to eat them. I think it's been years. Because I am that in love with them. It gets out of control. That strawberry one looks amazing.