Monday, March 14, 2011

Gas Rationing

On Sunday, I took Tim's car onto base for gas (cheaper than off-base). On the way back, I saw this long gas line. There were many on the street to the left waiting for this Esso station.
With several refineries catching fire, we expect to have less gas.
This is the second Shell station I passed. One was close, and if you double-click, and look by the post behind the silver van, you'll see a sign in kanji. They're either out, or giving only a little gas... since there isn't a long line for it, I'm guessing they're out.

As far as I could tell, they hadn't raised their gas prices.
I told Tim I felt nervous, and I would feel better if my car had gas, as well. It wasn't empty, but a quarter tank doesn't go far. By the time I got back to base, this sign was posted. Limit of 10 gallons per patron.
I've pulled ahead to go pay, and let others in. Tim says his tank doesn't hold 10 gallons, so no big. Mine holds 14. Behind my car is a little car I think looks like a baby hearse.
I didn't pass any Cosmo, JOMO, or Eneos stations (the other major gas station companies in town) but I'm sure they also had lines.

Our base pumps did run out of gas on Monday, but they've gotten a new shipment in. We are encouraged to ride our bikes, or take public transportation, which is problematic when they keep shutting down trains (electricity outages) on us.

They've cancelled the trip Wm and I were to go on. No buses going to non-essential places.

No comments: