Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lily Remembrance

For those of you who don't know the story: A long time ago I sent my mom some Easter lilies, something she enjoyed.

For some reason, I signed the card, 'Your Favorite Daughter.'

Well, mom called Marilyn first. Which isn't any real great surprise because she deserves to be the favorite, and everyone in our family knows she's the favorite daughter, and we're good with that.

Then, she called my sister, Jeannette, who said, "Which of your daughters would do something like that?"

At last, my mom called me.

It has been a family joke for years.

My mother passed away before easter. I made sure there was an easter lily at her funeral. And now, there is one right in front of my fence, along the walking path in front of our place. A lily has never been there before. It is in full view from the kitchen and dining room, so I see it often. It gives me a nice glow of love for mom every time I see it.

And I think, if mom sent it for me (of course, her 'favorite' daughter) then I have something to say back. Thank you, my favorite mother!

No comments: