Thursday, September 22, 2016

Ik at paardenvlees in Nederland

We 'exited' Germany, and went to....
...the Netherlands!  Okay, so it was only a tiny bit of the country, but if we ate in the country, we counted it.  And yes, there are windmills there!

We stopped at a wonderful Brew Pub called Het Koffiehuuske.

I'd researched, and it was said it had good beer.  So, I knew Tim would approve!

I was on to drive afterwards, so I only got a sip.  Even though it almost has my name:  Carolus

So, I wanted to eat something that was a traditional Netherland-style dish.  Of course, Tim and William went with the Huuskeburger.  Yep, they kept joking they'd eat hamburgers in every country!

The bread was good, and we were hungry!

My dish:  horse meat.  Think crock pot chucks of meat with a BBQ, very sweet sauce with a bit more of the allspice in it.  Not really a fan, but notice that the fries come with mayonnaise in both the Netherlands and Belgium.  Tim was happy.  That is how he always orders them!

Tim got another beer.  This dwarf cannot be grumpy!
We were upgraded on car.  It was a BMW touring car, and it was SO COOL!  The window shield above the driver, in the lower part, had all the info. you needed, plus a GPS cheat sheet with what the speed limit in that area was.  Too cool, I WANT one! 

Tim also liked it because it was an automatic diesel engine.  I was looking forward to having a stick shift... but we were happy, as diesel is less expensive in Europe.

There was a GPS in the center, as well.  We'd paid $100 to upgrade our GPS to Europe.  It was cheaper than $14 per day, plus tax for the one with the car.  But, since we refused it, we got this one for free.  William loved it, although my elbow kept hitting the controls for it.

That's only 160 kpm.  Tim didn't find the 'sport mode' until we were out of Germany, and off the autobahn.  He loved driving it!
We were glad to get such a great car.


No comments: