Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mustache Contest and Museum Video

We're catching up on a couple of things around here. One is sifting through the video from our new camera. Seeing as how it takes high definition video, the raw video tends to take up some serious space on the hard drive. It also only loads up into iMovie, so it seems natural to edit together the final video of whatever particular experience inspired us to take video footage and then discard all the raw footage.

So, first off, the Mustache contest. The crew from work has a tradition that they have a mustache growing contest at some point during off station projects. It's a little odd for me since I already have a mustache and Japan is home for me. To meet the requirements to be clean shaven at the beginning of the contest, I have to shave my mustache. The only two times I have done this since I started growing it in '87 was last year for this contest and this year. William finds it fascinating to see this annual transformation of Dad's face that he wanted to video tape it.



Next up, video from the Hamagin Space Science Center. Caroline wrote about our visit a week or so ago But here is the video:

No comments: