Thursday, February 23, 2012

Field Trip to the MALL

My Japanese class went on a field trip...again...  This is Mt. Fuji behind Enoshima Island.

This is a wider shot, at Zushi beach.  You go by several beaches on 134 as you head to the mall.

And this is a picture I'd put on a calendar.  It looks like Japan to me!

I see them drying seaweed on racks here.  You'll even see folks walking into the surf with these long pointed rods, getting some of the seaweed.  It looks like there are seaweed farms just off our beach in Mabori.  

This is a yakisoba 'pie.'  Inside is a crab and shark fin mix that was very interesting.  I don't believe in eating shark fin, but I had to try it!  :)  I guess there is something like fake shark fin, and I think it might have been fake crab as well, although the $24 price tag makes one think it should have been real.

Darn, I'm getting good with these chopsticks, although I wished I'd had a fork!  :)

Reina and Jun-yi went for the Korean food.  This is the real stuff, baby, not that American Korean!  The food court was packed by 11:30.

I laughed at this baby having 'YELLOW FACE' on it.  Tee hee!  I guess it's all in one's perspective!

The Fujisawa-shi area mall TERASU MARU (Terrace Mall) is brand new, and a wonderful place to shop, with a few stores that won't bleed you dry like F&N.  There's also a great fabric/craft store, like JoAnns.
You can find a map on diddlefinger.com
Or, put this phone number into your GPS.  Unless it's old, and it might not have this mall in it.
04-6638-1000

The information gals all had this uniform on.  The button-head hat killed me.  And what can I buy at a Japanese mall?  I bought socks for $20.  But they have support sewn in, grip ridges, etc.  They are amazingly comfortable and massage my feet when I walk.  Worth every yen!

No comments: