Tuesday, November 11, 2008

COCKROACH!!!

Okay, there are no pictures of this, it is so gross.

I have heard of many cockroaches here in Japan. Except one out by my car this summer, I haven't seen any. Recently it turned cold. All the animals are trying to find shelter. Thankfully, this quarter-sized guy decided to zip across my dining room floor AFTER everyone had gone the other night. Someone might have just been the one to let him in.

You should have seen the struggle. I am trying to kill it with my zouri. That is a handmade from cloth slipper, so my clout was next to nil. It was quicker and craftier than the best running back. I kept trying to kill it with... a rag, basically. It bobbed and weaved... I finally maimed it (it might have been the shock wave from my screaming) by the kegerator.

Tim came running to assist. By that time, I had paper towel ready, and said, "KILL IT!!!" He did the deed, and the bundled remains went into the trash.

Whew. Ewwww...

I am a Washington girl, and we usually don't have to deal with this type of creature.

Hopefully, no more find their way inside.

I might have to start wearing more sturdy slippers.

No comments: