Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's a My-Little-Pony Keg

Since all my big gun beer drinking help is back in the states until January, I've been looking for smaller kegs of beer so they don't get too old and stale before they run out. Figuring out how to purchase Japanese kegs and tap them was an experience. So far we've gone through two kegs of Asahi Super Dry. The kegs were 19 liters or about 5 gallons which is about 2/3 of a pony keg in the states and is about the same size and shape as a soda keg.

This time, we thought we'd mix it up a bit and Caroline was going to get a keg of Sapporo. This is what she ended up with. I've seen these things stacked up outside of bars and bottle shops. It's about 2 and a half gallons, but has a no kidding tap on it. It's so CUTE! It's not just a Pony Keg, it's a My-Little-Pony Keg. We'll see if this one lasts a week... :)

No comments: