Sunday, May 11, 2008

Balance


Well, it has been awhile since I've posted.

For awhile, our internet was so flaky that I was losing what I'd typed on things, and it was annoying.  Then I became just lazy.

We have a wonderful family across from us at the lodge.  Their son is 7, and is like a perfect older brother to William.  The age difference happens to be large enough that sometimes they don't always play together, but they do seem to enjoy each other, and especially each other's toys.  They both like to run and have fun, and keep each other occupied.  Life is good.

On the playground by the lodge, there is a teeter-totter, and they love to get it balanced just right between them. 

It has turned rainy here.  My car needed new windshield wipers.  That turned out to be an ordeal, as the places here kept telling us we had to go to the Mercedes dealership.  I was about to make the trek, but Tim kept saying something about standardization, and was able to find wipers that would fit, but were too long, so he had to cut them off.  He said cutting the steal was an ordeal, but they work!

He also got me a navigation system for Mother's Day.  It is a GPS that speaks to you in English, and you get directions for where to drive in Japan.  Sometimes, when the signs are in kanji, this is good.  And, well, there's just the whole, "Where the heck am I?" thing going on, and the language barrier to asking directions.  I'm delighted to have it.  We can also use it in other cars, so when we rent a car (for larger visiting groups, hint, hint) or use Tim's car, we can use it to it's full potential.  

I had the most relaxing mother's day.  I didn't do a thing.  I read a mystery book by one of my favorite authors (J.A. Jance).  I even got a gift from William.  He kept quiet while I took a nap.  Ahh... that is LIFE!!!  He gave me a card and a pot with a small seed sprouting in it.  Once we watered it, the seedling is no longer visible.  It will grow!

Tim went to Tokyo with 2 guys from work.  He needed to buy the navigation system, and it was the electronics district.  Might as well take 2 engineers along with him.  I had more fun just relaxing!


No comments: