Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sirens, Swimming, Sickness and Sanity


Yesterday morning at 6:50, the fire alarm went off.  William and I went out.  Last night, the fire alarm sounded at 9:30.  We were all asleep (I was the first to crash at 7:30).  We all went out to see the sleepwear fashion parade (you can see my guy's fashion in this photo of us having breakfast).  When it went off again at 2:30 in the morning, I went to see if there was any smell of smoke, and just ignored it.  I'm hoping they're going to fix whatever keeps setting off the alarm.  Basically, the fire guys come in with sirens blaring, walk in, look at the board, and re-set the board.  This can take 20 minutes from the time it starts until we're back in our beds.  Groan.

William had his first swim class here, and he jumped off the deep end!  Woo Hoo!  This is a big step for William.  He is finally deciding that dunking is okay.  His friends are in Level 1 or 2, and he's still in the preschool one because he won't voluntarily dunk.  I'm thinking that he will pass this time, and go on to level one.  WOO HOO!!!

He woke up this morning at 5 throwing up.  It was at 15 minute intervals until 8:45.  Then, it stopped, and he has been dancing around ever since (I'm thinking bad food...or pool water).  The cleaning lady took awhile to show up today.  She had to change his entire bed.  I kept a bowl and towel around, but misses happened.  His 'Thomas' blanket had to go through the wash along with his and my night clothes.  I gotta keep them clean in case there's another fashion show tonight. :)

While doing cut-throat laundry (get your stuff in the machine before the other person does), we met another kid 2 days William's junior.  His name is Aidan, and they've been tearing around here, having a blast.  We have enough 'toys' that it makes it nice.  4 year old boy toys.  I know this sounds bad, but I've never been happier that my load of laundry spun out quicker than the other lady's!  Gotta get this stuff done, ya know?  I felt bad the first month of staying here, and now I just want to get this stuff done!

As far as my sanity goes, I learned last night the date that we'll most likely be in the house.  The current occupants fly out the 20th.  Their pack-out is the 16th and 17th (of June) and then there's a clean-up day, etc.  It's my hope that we sign on the 19th, and get the keys on the 20th, and then get the big move-in on the 21st.  This way I'll have one month in the house before I come home on vacation!  Currently, Tim and I are working on getting a 2-week extension of our stay in the hotel, so that we can make it all work out.

The Japanese work Monday through Saturday.  I never knew that before.  It's nice because you can get things done on your Saturday.  However, don't try to get any serious shopping done on Sunday if you don't like lines.  It is crazy.  




No comments: