Monday, May 19, 2008

Fair and Festivals


It seems that there is something for kids to do here every other weekend.  Bouncy houses seem to be the biggest deal here.  William just loves them, and except for how dirty his socks get running from one bouncy house to the other, it doesn't cost us anything.  Gotta love THAT!

There was free food (hotdog, chips, cookies and water or juice) and you could play games for free.  Some of the prizes were good, but I saw a lot of little kids with goldfish.  You know, the feeder fish you get for 2 cents a piece.  I figured we could do without those.  :)  If I were a local fish tank dealer, I would always provide gifts for these types of festivals.  What a racket!

The day before this festival, there 
 was an Asian Pacific 
month celebration, and William and I enjoyed Hawaiian music and a Maori (from New Zealand) dance with story telling.

There were also bouncy houses and a shave ice place.  I think it was also a special prices day in the store this was in front of, but I didn't go see what was for sale.  WHAT?  Yes, folks.  Have you ever tried to get a kid away from the play area?

No comments: