Wednesday, June 4, 2008

90 days in the Lodge


I now know what '90 days' feels like, and I don't have a record!

If you'll notice, the schlock has grown on our countertops here.  The items we've purchased, we've kept some of the cardboard boxes, for now.  Once we are out amongst the Japanese, the recycling and sorting becomes an issue.  So, we'll be sure to pitch those out before we move into our house.

Tim will sign the papers on the 20th, and we can move some things over on the 22nd.  The 23rd, we'll move out of the lodge, and our stuff will be delivered to our house.

I am so excited, but am worried that I have Stockholm syndrome, and won't know what to do once I have a life 'on the outside.'  

Being on base has been wonderful because I have made friends, and have gotten a good lay of the land.  Now I'll get to go off base and enjoy some of the things that Japan has to offer.

I am making a long list of places to go and things to do.  I think it's going to be a blast seeing some of these places.  The fact that 1/12th of our time here has past already, we need to get busy getting some of these places seen.  We were figuring it out, and by the time we get into our house, 1/10th of our time in Japan will have past.

So, our first milestone has passed!  






No comments: