Tuesday, July 1, 2008

EYE BALL

We went to our local park today.  And I took and emailed this picture from my cell phone, so it's not the best quality.  The kids are on the swings in the shade.  You see the trellis for the shade where I was sitting.

William had a play date with Christopher.  They played and played.  When there was trouble in train town (William's bedroom/play area), I took them to the local park.

Two Japanese boys, maybe 9 or 10 years old, befriended them.  One spoke a few words of English.  He said, "Abunai, honey!"  and pointed to the clover patch.  I figured he meant DANGER!  Honey bees!

William had started out the friendship by saying things back at them, repeating what they said, and saying, "Cheeky eyeball," his current favorite phrase.

They pushed both Christopher and William on the swings for the longest time, and were so nice about it.

At some point, I realized that they were calling William by his name, which was obviously EYEBALL.  Hee hee hee.  CRACKED me up!  Thankfully, I did remember the boys names to thank them for being so nice.  And I used my sparse Japanese to say Musko no namae wa William desu.  Which I hope meant: Son's name is William.  Otherwise, they'll wonder when eyeball is going to come play again!


No comments: