Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mail

William haunts the mailbox.  We can see when there's something in it, and the postman is on a motorcycle going down the walking path in front of our house.

Today, I feel like I'm living in a real home.  We got the electricity bill (we've only been in a house a week) for $20.  I don't know when they read the bill.  And a couple of fliers for 'specials' for fat reducing and the like, and 2 credit card applications.  If it weren't for the kanji Japanese on them, I'd think I was still in America!
William has his friend Christopher over again, today.   They are playing trains.  

Yesterday I bought garbage bins.  I thought it was funny they came in boxes that require recycling.  I used one for my recycling needs, and the other has been William's toy.   It's been a train, a coach, and at one point he'd asked to use some of my tape to 'couple' on his trains.  And there he was, with a huge box, and these tiny little toys dragging behind it.  Cute.

We are getting all the final little things purchased, and I hope that this weekend we can solve most of our problems and get to the next level of readiness.  I still have to sort my clothes.  Tim has already done that.  Since the closet is so small in our bedroom (William has the master bedroom, so there is enough room for it to be a play room, as well), we are attempting to only keep current clothes in with us!  We'll see how that struggle goes.

So, we're enjoying the joys of being in a home.  Every weekday morning is a different garbage or recycling collection.  So, you get to see all the neighbors right before 8, when it must be in these little cages.  The birds can be so bad, that they have these cages to put the garbage in.  And it is done right in front of the home with the most beautiful garden in our block area (13) in Mabori Kaigan.

Kaigan means beach.  But that isn't a really good description.  It's a part of Tokyo bay, and there are a ton of jellyfish right now!  We are a few blocks from the seawall promenade.  I was chagrinned to find out that the #1 portion of Mabori (portion, block area, house number) is called 'SEA LEVEL' portion.  Oh great...  :)




No comments: