Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Japanese garden flowers

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a flower freak. I try to paint flowers, but I mostly just take pictures. This is a weed in our lawn. I was entranced by these little suckers, and have let a few live. Actually, I allow as many weeds to live as possible. My favorite sign is: Free Weeds Pick All You Want!
Viewed from the top, they look like a flower!
This was along the walking path, in front of the neighbors facing us. The Tokuras.
I bought roses to put in our yard, and chose a deep red one, like my mother's favorite.
A varmint got one of the buds. It still opened up. Looked pretty funky with each petal having a bit out of it.
My tea rose bush is growing. It blooms during the summer and in December.
These have bloomed several times. It looks like one of the clover varietals.
This flower was at the nursery. How cool looking are these? They'd be perfect at Christmas!
Along the walking path, again. There are so many pretty flowers here!
This looks more pink than it actually is. These roses are ours, and are more of a mauve/purple.
These little flower plants in my garden have bloomed several times, and are quite hearty. They look so bright and cheery!
These stuck through the fence into our yard. The next-door neighbor has so many unique flowers. This one bloomed late spring, and I loved the creamy yellow.

No comments: