Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Signage and Sodas

Okay, sometimes you just HAVE to take a picture. I have NO IDEA what this was for. It was on a box, and it just cracked me up.
EMERGENCY ROAD -- Closed in the event of MAJOR EARTHQUAKE. I wonder what they consider an emergency around here?
I am a diet coke addict, so I already drank this. But, it has green tea flavor. The finish tastes like green tea. It's actually quite pleasant!
Last year, the Pepsi summer flavor was blue (ramune?). This year, it's shiso. Shiso plant looks a bit like mint. It is from the same family of plants, but has a cinnamon taste. So, this tastes a bit like cinnamon Pepsi. It's an herb they use a lot over here, and not every American likes it. The only time I've cared for it is fixed tempura style (deep fried, everything tastes good), and with the rotted bean curd, natto. It kind of kills the nasty taste at the end with a stronger taste.

1 comment:

Dollars to Yen said...

I would be all over that sign too! Too funny!