Friday, December 30, 2011

Disney Thanksgiving 11/24

Turn your head to the left to view 'the pie.'
 First of all, I made pie for Thanksgiving.  My friend wanted recipes, and I said that Paula Deen's is the best.  Basically, you add cream cheese and it makes it less squash-y and more creamy.  She said she wouldn't make it, because her kids wouldn't eat it.  I said that even William eats this one.  So, I made her a pie.  And yes, her kids ate it and one asked for seconds!
 This year, once again, we went to Disney for Thanksgiving.
 Disney Sea was originally designed for a California locale.  But when it wasn't used, they built it here. If you look closely, it is celebrating its 10th year.
 It was already decked out for Christmas.
 I always love going through this entrance.  It is a hotel.  Shops on the bottom, however!
 Japanese elves.
 The Japanese love popcorn.  This is black pepper flavor.
 Tim, once again, was not allowed to ride this ride until he proved he wasn't too tall.  Then they stopped him from going in the entrance, because they wanted to measure him again.  I insisted in my very bad Japanese that he already had.  Then I called my Japanese teacher and asked her what I should have said.  So, I was ready for them to ask, and they never asked again that day!

We found turkey legs (no longer written on the English map) near the Capt. Nemo 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine.  They also had gyoza (fried pasta-wrapped dumpling).  So, we had our traditional turkey for dinner!  (And, you can get coke zero here.)
I went inside Ariel's grotto for the first time.  Lots of little kiddie rides.
I hear it's a great place to be when it is raining outside!
And, to finish our Thanksgiving dinner, we had cranberry popcorn.
Near here, in 'Cape Cod' there's a fruit stand that sells Coke Zero.  These things are important to addicts like me.
I thought it tasted remarkably like the strawberry popcorn over in Discovery Bay.
The electric railroad going through an American town.  Double click, and you'll see all the Christmas decorations.
I thought these band guys were brilliantly dressed.
It was okay music, too.  Although, I love the Bayoo Brass at Disneyland.
Mt. Promethius goes off about every hour.  I thought at the top of the hour.  No.  15 minutes past.  We waited a LONG time!
It was a bit chilly, and I wanted to wait for the Fantasia show, so Wm got this cool Santa hat with Mickey on the front, and Mickey ears.
The show was worth it.  Very unique!

No comments: