Sunday, January 16, 2011

B. Ian a Guest

We have a guest for the weekend! He's a 17-month old cutie. Japanese houses are a bit cold in winter, so I've put on one of William's 'fuzzies' to keep him warm while he's still in his jammies.

After Tim hurt his knee, we had to pull out of a ski vacation on MLK weekend. We were bummed. As the weekend drew nearer, I hadn't found anything else fun for us to do. Maybe the Tokyo Car Salon show?

When my friend (who is going skiing, and whose son is William's closest friend) was leaving the house on Thursday, I said, "Maybe we could swap kids for the weekend?" I was mainly just joking, because her older boys were excited for the trip, and William was doing a pretty good job of not being too green with jealousy.

She said, "Yes! Let me talk to my husband!" I spoke with Tim, and he said we could support letting William go with them skiing. They are great people, and William would be hanging with their boys. Also, this little guy on a long wee-hours-start bus trip, and skiing the hill with him... it was beneficial both ways.
So, we have a guest. He is delightful as he tries to mimic the songs we sing. He loves balls, this cell phone toy, and a sounder board (it's a toy with all these unusual buttons, and each makes a different sound... the doorbell one can definitely fool you). These were given to William by my friend Karen, and they've been fascinating kids ever since. Perfect for his stage right now. I can even record a message on this one for him. Until he punches the wrong button and erases it!

Tim gave him an old remote control (with batteries out of it) and he also uses that one as a phone. We call it his land-line hand-held phone. :)

Here he is, on the phone: (Shoot me an email if this doesn't work, I'm still trying to learn how to use Utube as a way to view movies.)

No comments: