Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wm Science Center Field Trip

William was so excited for the first field trip of the year. I got to go along. I had to act fast. Last year, most parents had extra kids, and couldn't go. This year, I have to pounce on going quickly, and get my money in!
We are on the tollway here. I sate with Pierce, and he made me duck any time we went through a tunnel. You see Ms. Bailey to the right here. BTW, it was really cheap to go with this field trip. When William's Seika class went, I had to pay quite a lot to ride the bus up, and they took surface streets all the way to Yokohama!
Here we are, arriving!
This is a shot of William's class. He is in the middle. After this, the other class huddled up and got a better picture by putting some of the kids on the wall... darn. Wish I'd thought of that! It's just that each class had to take turns going to pay their money. The teacher would ask a Japanese mom to go interpret, and then they'd come out and that class would go in. Our waiting area was near the sign, so I said, "Huddle up, kids!"
One of the cool things, is there's a big elevator. One that an entire class can go into. These are my three charges for the day.
AMAZING how empty it was. It was the day after a Japanese holiday, and the first day back for Japanese schools. We had the place entirely to ourselves. Usually, it is PACKED. Phenomenal!
Pierce is generating power on this bike machine. After I chose this picture, I realized that it looks like the maintenance man is scratching his bum.
This one they use joy sticks to steer and get a light source on the target, then it lights up. William did it all by himself, and did really well. Only missed one in the 90 seconds allotted.
They have weights on different planets, and then this small meteorite to try and lift. It was HEAVY!
This turned out to be a favorite game. You had to use sticks to let a ball roll down on, and then open them up to drop the ball into different planet slots. I'm going to try and design one for Wm's birthday party this year, using different targets, obviously!
And when you have 3 kids in a cage with tons for them to do, you get time to see what you can do on the machines. Tee hee. The number of this picture? Truly, it was 666!
William loved this jack. It would lift you off the ground, as the astronaut went up to the top of the rocket. There were lots of things like this, and all of them fun!



No comments: