Monday, March 31, 2008

House Hunt Continues


Another house that is large and awesome, and it's also up-hill from a train station!  Too far for us.  DARN!  I LOVED this house!

I loved coming through the front gate.  Very nice.  There's even a black pine tree.  Best part?  It is on a bluff, and the view is of Yokohama and the bay.  The night lights must also be incredible.  And the best, best part?  It's across from a playground.  It had a slide, and swings... and about as far away as our play area was at our house.  I could see it clearly from the kitchen and master bedroom.  The people had moved out on Friday, so we were the first ones to get a peek at it.

I jokingly said one of the closets would be perfect for William.  I was amazed how much storage was under the eaves.  At another house, the interpreter said, "NOT for William."  It was a room about the size of a sauna and would have been great for playing in!

They were so nice to me that I'm dreading having to say that it's not perfect.  It really is a gorgeous house.  I also got to see a few houses that I would have no problem saying no to.

The interesting thing is that when we go to pay for the house we choose, we'll have to bring cash for first month's rent (@ $3,300.00 USD) damage deposit, realtor's fees (same as 1 month rent), payment to the owner (same as 1 month's rent... helps them with the fact that you only have to give them 10 day warning you're moving out).  That is a lot of money.  No checks, no credit cards, CASH.  Same goes for buying used cars, which we're attempting to do.

Yesterday was a rainy day, so I bought an umbrella that is obnoxiously pink.  I am loud and proud and visible to the drivers around here!  :)  I guess it's my version of rose colored glasses when living in a place where it's rainy often.  It's rainy, then nice for 2 days, rainy, then nice for a few days...  it's the spring pattern here.

William is better, and bouncing around on the beds again.  I was worried when he had a fever.  Now I'm just annoyed by him.  Isn't that the loving concern of a parent?  :)

No comments: