Monday, March 17, 2008

Preschool First Day & Immunizations



William went to his first day of preschool today.  He loved riding the bus there.  He was so cute with his huge backpack on his back!  His teacher's name is Miss Linda.  They have some REALLY COOL manipulatives and their class pets are fish.  William will fit right in.
W2W:  Get your orders early so you can apply for the co-op preschool before coming.  There is a long waiting list, but with some folks transferring out, sometimes you can get in!

chili's is the closest place to eat around here.  We eat there often, and William loves the menu.  I do, too.  I think it will be a goal to have eaten every item on their menu at least once.  

I got my first lesson in oopsies.  I had packed his favorite, a peanut butter and blackberry seedless jam sandwich.  A little note came home with an advisory that there are kids in his class who are highly allergic.  We went and bought turkey. 
 
We had gone and signed up at the Navy Hospital here.  Basically, pre-registering.  One of the things we had to get done was getting William the TB test.  He baulked, and actually cried (this is unusual).  When it was all done, and it didn't hurt, I made him apologize.  
Word to the Wise:  The Japanese Encephalitis shots that they say you are required to get?  Well, the preschool said it's not a part of their requirement (even though it is ON THEIR FORMS) and the hospital said that it isn't in this area, so they don't give it to kids.  I had tried getting it before coming because it was on the form!

1 comment:

Eno Brad said...

William is a brave & adventurous little trooper going willingly off to his new school. Nice job William!

I rember my 1st day as an American in a foreign school. I was 7 years old, the school was Henley Beach Elementary in Adelaide South Australia - the year was 1960 and I waved to Captain Cook as he continued his voyage of discovery.

For the record, thanks to your blog, Mummy Kay and I are no longer blog virgins. This is a momentous technological event for us. Was it as good for you as it was for us? God I need a cigarette and a scratchy Victrola recording of Marlena Dietrich.

We look forward to your next posting.

Eno Brad & Mummy Kay