Friday, March 28, 2008

Modern Mom

I was out with the 'girls.'  Their kids are either grown, or in high school.  I will change the names to protect the very guilty.  :)

We met at HoshiYen (yes, you guessed it: Starbucks and yes, they have them over here).  One of the high school boys, Dannon, came to get money from the mom.  It was a very nice day, and with all the blooms, allergy season is in high gear.  He was angling to get out of school by saying he wasn't feeling well.  The mom, L.L. Bean, told him that he wasn't getting out of school, he wasn't REALLY sick.

As we were driving to our destination (a re-sale shop), another one of the mom's, Kohlshopper's, phone rang.  Her son, Jakers, is a friend of Dannon's.  This is what I hear:

"Hello? ....  Yeah, uh huh, ooohhh...  You're just going to have to suck it up, Buddy, I'm out with the girls right now. ....... Well, then I want you to have Dannon take a picture of you spewing, and send it to me, otherwise you're going to have to stick it out."

I was HOWLING.   If your teenagers insist on needing a cell phone, use it to your advantage!

No comments: