Thursday, March 29, 2012

Italian Food with a View

 When Reina wanted to go to Italian, we said yes.  I'm glad she was with us.  Do you see a sign that this goes to a restaurant?
I mean, seriously.  It looks like house steps to me!

But at the top is the Della Sera Amalfi Italian place.

The view at the top was beautiful.  Mount Fuji was out.

Enoshima Island and the coastline (and someone's private very nice house).

Reina and Jun-yi with the salad and bread.

Avacado and salmon.  It was really good.

We did their 'set' lunch.  But I added this.  It just cracked me up that I could read the Italian.  Carpaccio Pesca HAD to be sushi.  And it was!  :)  The orange colored sauce is a sweet apricot, and the wasabi one was really good, too.

This is octapus, and I found that the sauce was runny.  Did I mention the view?

Jun-yi liked her shrimp alfredo.  The sauce looked runny.  But the view was wonderful!

Dessert was good.  I loved the marscapone mousse.  

And here we are, on a sunny afternoon.  While Jun-yi had the best view, she didn't have the best sunblock, and got a burn.  She has a tan-line where her necklace was!

Reina is leaving for Hawaii.  I am so happy for her (she's a surfer) but so sad to say good-bye to our guide and ambassador to Japan.
She has been a friend and a joy.  Her zeal for life and experience is fun to be around.  She has such a great sense of humor.  Her broad experiences give her a unique take on things.  She was open to sharing herself and her culture with us.  She was a foodie, like us.  I am a dedicated gastronomical tourist.  :)  She also gives the BEST massages, and made me feel so comfortable, since she is a warm and open person.  I will so incredibly miss her sweet smile and sunny outlook.   :(

If the blue light is strobing, a train is coming.  Do not cross the tracks.  The gaijin test is to get across the tracks as fast as you can, since you can't read the sign!

The enoden line is just so cute!

You have to cross these tracks before going up the hill (this is us coming down).

Here is where you park.

There's the sweet shop, the cafe and the restaurant.  Then DELLA SERRA is up on the hill.  To get here, take 134 through Kamakura and keep going until you see the 7-11 on the right (it is unique in that it carries local foods -- and is the ONLY 7-11 out there on the right!)  Make that right turn at the light.  Take an immediate left over a bridge thing.  The parking is half-way up that narrow street on the left.

No comments: