Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Pat's Party

 I do my corned beef in crock pots, since I don't have that much space on my stove.  The Japanese think the number 4 is unlucky, therefore I only have three burners.
I always go for green.  Except for the carrot 'gold coins.'  The carrots are HUGE here at this time of year.  They're the size of a silver dollar!  The olives were for the little kids.  But, grapes, kiwi and melon are the green fruits; broccoli, celery and cucumbers are the green veggies.

Everyone showed up in greens!  William and Ethan went to pre-school together.

Jennifer Mason was amazing to bring so many things, including these favors!

Twizlers licorice with rolo gold. So cute!

Jennifer Mason, Jun-yi Welch, Hallie Anthony and Jaye Sullivan.  These are some of the folks I rely on over here!

Jennifer also did Guiness cupcakes with Bailey's frosting, kid-friendly cupcakes and mint brownies.  She is DEFINITELY invited back again!!!!  But she's PCSing out, that is the down-side of living in Japan.  You get to know great people, and then you say good-bye.

Mikaela and Mylie made it to the party (it was a windy, rainy night).

Annie, and Lily (the cutest crawler in the world) came as well.

Allie hamming it up with the corned beef, red potatoes, and the whiskey sauce is in the third crock-pot.

Mansons always bring Irish stew, which I'm grateful for, so people can have a choice.

Some of us are dressed to the socks!

Love the Japanese party house shoe pit.

The poker table is green!

Our neighbor, Chris and Gavin.  Gavin speaks so well and has the cutest voice.  We so enjoy having them as neighbors.

Tim's taking a shot of Irish whiskey.  I'd purchased some more for the sauce, and thought it made a good decoration until I needed it.  Well, the guys decided it would be fun to take shots.  Dwayne and Tim were the ones caught on camera.

Eric and Ian.  I just love folks dressing up!

Jon and Jun-yi.  Cute@

Some even had green nails!

Bedlam upstairs, but the kids had fun, as well.  LOVED the party and all our friends.  We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I so miss your parties and that whiskey sauce is to die for!! I am still planning on making my corned beef sometime this spring and making your whiskey sauce. Couldn't do it on St. Patrick's day as we had Claire's birthday party that day ;-)