Monday, March 26, 2012

Needle Mass

 Since it is so close, we went to the Hashirimizu Shrine to see the 'Needle Mass.'
The boys washed their hands to purify themselves.  Just wait until they're teenagers, they'll be here every day...  See the cute kid-type ornament on the water font?

This offering shrine was in a tent (it had been raining hard earlier).

Broken and bent needles are put into tofu.

It is a day to take off of sewing, and pay for better needlework in the future.

The boys going to the upper shrine area.

The shrine.

William in yellow coat even higher up.

This looks like a mine here.  I guess it's good enough to enshrine... but what is the deity?  The god for mine sweepers and bomb techs?

I thought this little shrine behind was cute.

And heading back down and out.  BTW, I've done 1 sewing project since, and it turned out.... okay.  At least I didn't swear at the sewing machine.  I guess that prayer is working!  :)

No comments: