Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's new in Caroline's life

People ask what's new.  Besides hand-washing dishes, doing the laundry, micro-loads at a time and being a volunteer, I am now in a book club.  It's an awesome group with great insights.  

When they decided the next book would also be a movie, they didn't like my 'The Lorax' suggestion.
I am also taking water zumba.  It is Zumba, done in the water.  I am loving it, and sometimes come out so sore!  It is definitely better on my knees.  My feet still kill me, but oh well.

This was the base's pic of the day.  One lady (Alice) didn't want to be in it.  The instructor, Sam said, "Hey, you never know where you'll end up.  My husband is on some lady's facebook!"
I said, "Is your husband an ENT?"
She said, "Yes, he's one of 2 on base."
I said, "Were the pictures really fuzzy?"
Yep!  Her husband took the plastic out of William's ear. 

Small, small world!

I've lost 10 lbs. so far.  I am working out to try and be in better shape for my niece, Jennifer Rigoni's wedding in June.  I was so honored and deeply touched that she asked me to be a part of the party.  And then I worried.  I know that if you want to look good in pictures, you stand next to someone older and heavier, but DANG!  These are her wedding pictures!
And she said, "If I wanted skinny bitches, I could have those.  I'd rather have those who I love around me."
Wow.  Deeply touched again.

No comments: