Monday, February 28, 2011

Chinese Restaurant in Oppama

My favorite Chinese restaurant is in Oppama. It is authentic. My friend, Jun-yi showed me where it is, and I've been back many times. There are a couple of seasonal items that I love. So, I need to go again this spring, anyone want to come along?If you get off at Oppama Keikyu train station, the street it is on is directly in front of you, perpendicular to route 16, that you cross. With your back to the station, it is on the left side of the street. There is parking (pay) across from it.
Of course this was my Japanese class's 'field trip.' We just have so much fun!
I loved hearing Jun-yi speak Chinese to the waitress/owners. She has such a pretty voice, it sounds so educated and cultured (compared to the waitress's voice).
Spicy beef.
My personal favorite, shrimp. They are so quickly deep fried, that you can eat the shell! Freaky, but good. And those little fried bits? Amazing on rice.
This was also really good. There was an odd (to me) Chinese mushroom bit in it (not the classical mushroom shape Americans think of), that I found very good. It was really a unique chewy consistency. It's the darker-colored stuff that looks like it might be seaweed.
And the best part? Jun-yi paid for all of this! Thank you, Jun-yi! She is such a great friend. I am happy to report that they aren't leaving for awhile, like so many of the folks who came in the same time as we did.
I met her when I had put William in on-base kindergarten. I am so thankful I did that, as I met 2 really great friends that way! Then, Jun-yi introduced me to our Japanese teacher, Reina, who is such a special person, too. It's the friendship that keeps giving and giving.
Next time, it's MY turn to buy lunch! :)

No comments: