Sunday, February 27, 2011

Korean Store in Chinatown

I love finding new things, and going new places. Sometimes, I like going old places with old friends to see new things (things I missed the first time, 'cause I didn't know what in the heck I was looking at!).
So, when Jun-yi said she knew where to find a great Korean store, I was curious. So, where's it at? The obvious place to hide a Korean store... in Chinatown! :)
So, off we went to Chinatown. I said, 'Let's go early, and get there at 10." Well, nothing really opens 'til 11 at Chinatown. But, the smells in the morning were already there. The steamed buns with nummy ingredients on the inside.
And it's all about marketing. They look like pandas!
An hour from now, this street was crowded with people. Who knew when to come to Chinatown, that happens to be in Japan.
It was quite pleasant to be here at this time of day. There is a Chinese school here, and it was funny to watch a lady hurry up with her child... they were late... but other than that, it was just store owners receiving deliveries, setting up their vending areas, and eager shoppers (us).
The temple was already open. We didn't go inside. We've all been here before.
Some of the sundries shops were already open. With both Jun-yi (reads and speaks Chinese) and Reina (Japanese, who has lived in Shanghai), as guides, I found some pretty tasty stuff. Although, it was agony to buy something at one store, then find it cheaper at another. Oh well. I enjoyed being able to ask what things were.
Okay, there's a cute factor here.
Hiromi, Keona, Jun-yi and myself... and we were talking food, buying ingredients, but there were no restaurants open, yet! We were starting to get hungry!
Bruce Lee (Bluce Lee) outfit. You see Bruce in a similar looking outfit in the picture.
...but this one was for a baby! :)
Finally, a restaurant was open. I had cashew chicken. It was very good, and the soup was delicious.

Then, it was time... the 11th hour had arrived, and it was finally open...
THE KOREAN STORE!!!
I loved how they put posters on the stairs. Cool, huh!?!
There is quite a following here of Korean TV and music. I think there are almost as many channels dedicated to Korean programming as English. They are all subtitled. But, the boys are cute, the HD is amazing... even I find myself watching them sometimes, and I have no idea what the heck they're saying! Okay, I'm a videot, I admit it. It's all about the HD...
Some of the guys are really good looking...
Jun-yi was in hog heaven. Some of the compartments are just for a particular actor.
And there was the "Korean" food you could buy. They must use high priced hogs, 'cause these were $6.96 per can.
The Asians believe a woman needs to be warm 'down there.' That explains the wool skivvies worn over the underwear, but under the dress. This will give you a hot vee-jay-jay.
And, you know how I love the dog thing over here. These are all dressed similar. Their little Skandahoovian sweaters...

All seen on a nice day in Chinatown (in Yokohama, Japan).

No comments: