Wednesday, February 16, 2011

William's SOLO Hakuba Ski Trip

With Tim's knee injury sidelining him, we intended to do something else on MLK weekend than the traditional ski weekend. As the weekend drew closer, no big ideas or fun things to do emerged.

So, we swapped kids with friends, and they took William skiing with them to Hakuba. There were many of our friends on the bus, so William was well chaperoned. Plus, there's always 'THE INFORMER.' I love it that he has a friend who tells on him to me. Sometimes I'm surprised at what I hear, but Stefan always tells the truth. Kinda funny what is revealed that only a friend knows...

He got sick the first night (late to bed, up at midnight to leave, long day...) and slept 15 hours solid. He fell asleep on a couch. He woke up and skied like a big dog. In the snow. The deep, deep snow. You'll also see him going to the hot springs in his green robe. Boys go with boys, as they go naked. I wonder what new things will be revealed to me from my 'insider informer.'

Hallie has an iPhone and so when she took video, some of it is portrait video. Tim put it together in a wonderful style. I figure it has to hit the blog before Tim and William head back up to this resort at Hakuba (there are several ski resorts there), this weekend.

William is the one with the red ski helmet.

No comments: