Thursday, April 24, 2008

Field Trip


William's school field trip was to the commissary.  It was a good time.  They let us go into one of the coolers and one of the freezers.  You  can see that William really whooped it up.  I had to hold him most of the time so that he could see.

I, however, learned a lot.  The frozen meat is half price.  Good deal.  They stock all the boats and Singapore out of here, so it is a very large facility.  

I guess congress has decided they can buy produce cheaper than the commissaries, so now they have to buy their produce through a different place.  Blueberries went from $4 for a cup to $10 a cup.  I will probably end up buying most of my produce out in town.  It's usually a bit fresher.

They gave all the kids an apple when it was over.  I thought it was fun.  At one point when we were behind the scenes in the produce section, I read, "Fu-ji" in hiraganas.  WOO HOO!  One small victory.  

I had to go shopping this morning to complete an outfit for our Pacific Club event tonight.  Hard target shopping tends to take some of the fun out of it, but it makes it quicker and easier.

Signing up for field trips gives you at least an hour of 'volunteer' time.  I have to do 8 hours this semester.  Hmm...  By the end of Saturday's carnival, I'll have 6 hours done!  Woo hoo!  I don't mind volunteering.  It gives me something to do.  I've never been under the gun to do it before, but it is a co-op preschool, so there you go!

Tonight will be William's first babysitter experience over here.  I think it will be good for all of us to get away.

No comments: