Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sushi-Go-Round

We went to the mall today.  6 floors of shopping mayhem!  We found some wrapping paper for Caroline in the 100 yen shop, and we found the perfect birthday gift for my sister Sandy.  I'd brag about it here, but that would spoil the surprise... :)

After the shopping, we headed to lunch.  Sushi-Go-Round is a great way to try out different kinds of Sushi.  You look at the sushi running by on colored plates on the conveyor.  The different colored plates denote different prices.  You grab what you want and at the end, the waitress counts up your plates and you take the final tab to the register.  William tried bits of different types.  He even tried the child friendly scrambled egg slice on rice, but didn't like the fact that the egg was cold.  For the moment, he insists that his eggs are warm and his toilets cold...  

Actually, William was fascinated with the automatic toilet lid in the home improvement area.  It opened by itself as we walked by.  "Oooo!  Look at that!" He may warm to Japanese toilets yet!

1 comment:

Poouster said...

Hey! It's me Sandy. I got the package today. That was fast! I thought of opening it, but I decided to open it while you, William and Tim on the internet. The problem is, I can't get my i-chat to work. I don't know what I need to do. I thought I set up an account, but it doesn't work.

Anyway, I won't open it yet. Maybe we can do Skype.

Sandy