Friday, April 25, 2008

Pacific Club

We had a great time at the Pacific Club party last night.  Tim had to do a short speech in Japanese.  Then he said in English, "What I MEANT to say was..."  

The one speech that cracked us up the most, was from a Japanese national who said, "I have ONE wife."  He was probably confused why it got a big laugh because I don't think they know about the Texas sect.

The food was really good.  This picture isn't great, but what cracked me up was that there's a long line of Americans for sushi, and here at the table where the beef was (it is now long gone) were all the Japanese.  

I should have had more sushi.  I had tried the tempura and although it was good, my chopsticks usage was not, and thankfully, my jacket wiped off well.

There weren't any chairs, so at one point, I went to find some place to sit.  I didn't even mind the smoking around me, my ankle and feet were so tired.  I did notice the bus drivers who were sitting there, drinking Asahi.  I am assuming they were the non-alcoholic versions.  So, I tried memorizing the color of can, so I won't make the mistake of getting non-beer here.  Japanese beer is so expensive that you don't want to pay for nothing!  And I can't read the kanji.

Pictured are Jim and Mary Manning, Pilar Recker and myself.

William loved his babysitters.  He is asking when they can come back.  So, LIFE IS GOOD!!!

When I was driving them home, I got stopped at a roadblock check-point.  The Japanese police officer spoke very good English, and was very nice, and let me go on.  I hadn't had anything to drink because I knew I had to take the girls home.  Japanese law gives you a hefty fine and a couple years in jail to think about the fact that you shouldn't have been so stupid as to risk other people's lives.

No comments: