Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Turf War


William loves his play times, and needs to run some energy out.  So, we are always hanging out at playgrounds.

We stayed after school, and William had fun on the older kids' playground equipment.

Some little girls came and tattled on him and Kyle.  They were screaming in one of the tubes, and the girls came to find the moms.  It was cute to see 3 small girls march up to Kyle's mom and I and say, "Are you the moms of those two boys?  Those boys screamed at us!"  Kyle's mom tried to make him apologize.  I asked the girls if they had screamed back.  They said, "Yes!"  So, I said that made it even.  I figured that 3 girls could take on 2 boys in a screaming match.  Although, both William and Kyle do have an impressive set of lungs!  

William is reading this as I'm typing, and he said that they were in the tube first, and the girls told them to (he's fake screaming), "Get OOOOUUTT!!"   So, it sounds like they stood their ground, and screamed back.  Hee hee.  There's nothing like a turf war.

Tim and I have contracted out someone to purchase at auction a car for Tim.  The guy came over, and he was entertaining!  Tim and I just sat there and listened to his stories.  The guy has a shop that will sweeten up cars, so we're thinking of one modification on Tim's car, already.  We'll see what this guy ends up successfully bidding on.  The Tokyo car auction is this Friday, and out of 45,000 cars, there's one Tim is interested in.  There are also auctions on Tuesdays at Yokohama, and eventually the perfect car will come along.  

This guy had wonderful stories about special cars he's helped get for a big car collector over here, like one from one of the Bond films.  I said, "So you mean, I watch TV and see a commercial and crave ice cream, and this rich guy watches a movie and says, 'I have to have this car.'?"  Pretty much, that's it! 

I asked if 'drifting' is for real here in Japan, and he said that yes, and he could help us get somewhere where we could watch it.  Drifting is racing and getting the car in a controlled slide as you're racing around corners.  It looks cool.


No comments: