Monday, October 31, 2011

Daikon Sa-ra-do

Karen sent me this way-cool Halloween hat.  I didn't have anything to wear it with.  I saw this piece of Halloween cloth on Hallie's end-table, and begged to use it.  It looked great!
This is the ingredients for the daikon salad I love:  Rice noodles, daikon (julienned) and carrots (also jullienned) black sesame seed, rice viengar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red and yellow peppers, bok choy (story later), onion, and cooked tofu.  You put soy and sesame oil on it, and bake it until sturdy.
Me chopping.
Reina is risking her fingers using the mandolin to julienne the daikon.
I couldn't find bok choy at the store, so I bought something similar, more of a spinach than bok choy.  The surprise on her and Reina's face that I wasn't going to BOIL it was so funny to me.  Apparently, I have been doing it wrong all this time.  :)
When done, you really can't taste the daikon.  It is similar in consistency to the rice noodles.  What a fun salad!

No comments: