Monday, October 31, 2011

Obachan Costco

I went to Costco with a friend.  I usually go to buy salmon from back home.  I found this.  We had to get someone to ship it to us 3 years ago, because Costco won't ship to an FPO.  Now, they sell them here!
This time I bought a pumpkin pie, as well!  They were giving out samples, and telling folks it was for Halloween (pumpkin holiday).  Japanese do the cute Halloween thing a little bit, but Thanksgiving doesn't happen here.  I thought it was funny how they were marketing it, though!  :)
When I brought it home, I told Tim that Obachan Costco had made it.  We have a long-running family joke about who made the great pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.  'Grandma Costco' made it for us!  So when I told Tim it was Obachan Costco, I thought I was being pretty funny.

I shared the pie with neighbors.  It was HUGE!  and DELICIOUS!!!

No comments: