Tuesday, August 21, 2012

3rd Grade Fun Day

At the end of the year, the 3rd graders (half the multi-age group are) get to have a fun day with all sorts of races and crazy stuff.  Ms. Parker's class was all gung-ho on the way.

It was an extremely windy day.  They almost didn't do it.  They started late so it wasn't so cold.

This is the dress up race.

He should be wearing that hat, but the wind wasn't in his favor.

Potato sack race.

The individual would go down...

Then they'd have to do it with the next person, and then that person would go alone, then with the next.  So, it was up and back 3 times, only once alone.

Finally, the free-for-all!  William is sack-in-sack to the leaders, he's on the left of the picture.

I loved being there.  I thought I'd be helping more, but other, more capable parents seemed to be doing just fine.  

So I got to be the even person in the balloon toss.  I am catching a yellow one here.  I managed to do well, and not get too wet!

With the wind, this was harder than it looks.

Some kids held onto the top of the balloon, but William did it the correct way. 
...with his mouth open in concentration!  :)

It was a blast, and it was the station that Ms. Parker hosted.  

Ball between your legs race.  His expressions just crack me up!

They don't seem happy to be going back to class.  I look forward to this this next year!

No comments: