Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wedding Preps

The actual preps began months in advance, as I began to work out.
Then, I went for the professional dye job.

It's an AVEDA salon in Silverdale, and she mixed it special for me.

This is before.

During.

...and after.  I'm back to darker hair with highlights!  Oh, and I'd lost 30 lbs.
Friday, June 22, was a day of getting ready for the wedding.  Jennifer bought a ton of sunflowers and a really pretty grass, and some white flowers (which froze in the fridge), and we cut, bound the stems and prepared them for bouquets or boutonnieres.  

I arrived to help wrap stems.

Kristina was the guru with the voodoo when it came to flowers.

Sonja and Kristina putting together the bouquets for us bridesmaids.

Jennifer working on clipping.

Dmitri's dad, Tom, working on the cork board.

Literally, a cork board.  We bought the back for this!  How cool!?!

Dmitri working on the wedding program, and getting it to the printers.

Vanessa working on a boutonnieres.
We were sad to see Bernie so old.  You'll notice she has a 'handle' on her so that she can be helped upstairs.

Jennifer's phone was always at her ear.

It's a Jen Sandwich!  Life is good here in San Fran in Jennifer and Dmitri's basement!

Then, we all headed downtown to get our nails done.  I ended up going with gels.  OMG these last forever, but that also means, you have to do special things to get the stuff off!  I just let my nails grow out with it.  Tee hee!  Too much picking, etc. to get it off.  I was disappointed because one of my nails broke, therefore we trimmed them all down to a reasonable length.  Darn.  The gels kept them long for a long time!

No comments: