Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bainbridge Day

I wanted to go shopping (I had a whole list of things I needed from home, like chewable allergy meds, 2 gallon plastic ziplock bags, special vitamins and teas) in Poulsbo.  I had to bribe William to go along, so I said we'd go to sushi, then adventure on Bainbridge Island.  I love this little church.  So quaint!

I got a clearer shot of the deer's behind, but opted for this pic.

The is the Port Madison bell that was brought to the area in 1883 to be a warning bell.  Eventually, after the building was too old, it was given to the parks department.  Incidentally, all state parks are to be cash in order to hang out.  This one did not.  Bainbridge Island has their own rules...
They are a part of Kitsap County, but didn't want to spray their weeds.  So the county said, "You can't mow this kind, it just spreads them.  You can pull them by hand."  I was told that within 2 weeks the county was allowed to come in and spray by the roadsides!  :)

William bypassed this play area to go play at the beach.

I am telling him that I am going to read while he runs around.  "Okay, mom!"

After a long time of not seeing him, I went away from the adirondack chair (yes, they had them at the park to sit on!) and checked up on him.

He was in his element, throwing rocks.
The Puget Sound has so many cool beach scenes.

This is at a road corner.  I guess it's 'country art.'  I love it.  Can't miss where to turn!  :)  
We had an excellent day just hanging out at Fy Bainbridge State Park!

No comments: