Monday, August 27, 2012

STP (Scenic Tour with Puppy)

My friend lives on the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride route.  So, when we went to visit, and it was STP weekend, I went out in the morning and shouted encouragement.
Lots appreciated it.  I don't know if you can tell there's a guy there who has a crash test dummy shirt.  I also started telling folks with tandem bikes, that the stoker wasn't pedaling, or was riding the brakes!  :)
This is Daisy.  She is a Cairns Terrier.  William fell in love with the little baby.
Daisy is sleeping on Karen't lap as she drives.
Our car had a flat.  The line at Les Schwab was so long, that we had to wait an hour and a half.  While hanging out where a puppy could hang out, we found some signs in some bushes.  We took this joke picture, and put it on FB.  I heard back that some folks really thought it in poor taste.  (pun)  I was just being silly, and didn't really try to get money, we just took a picture.  I don't feel a need to apologize, as we pay our taxes and donate to the United Way, and most people can get assistance that need it for legal things, like rent, health care and food.
I do think it's great that they are at least interested in recycling.
We went up to see Mount Saint Helens.
The wildflowers were so pretty.
William in front of the crater.
Beauty shot.
Mt. Adams.
We looked for the bench that Papa Bill and Grandma Sue's names are on. 
We stopped a lot of places, and took a lot of hikes, but never found it.
The mountain was playing peek-a-boo the entire day.  It was a very nice day, though.  I loved hanging out with Karen and relaxing.
The day before, we'd gone to both the Cowlitz and Columbia rivers to gather rocks for William's future date with a geologist.

No comments: