Saturday, June 12, 2010

BAZAAR Nov 2009

Seika hosts a Bazaar every year, mainly to raise money for donations to the Red Cross. It turned out to be a nice day in the midst of not-so-nice weather, and we had a great time. I love that the cotton candy is not colored.
While other people played Bingo for big prizes (I bought the cards to donate, but never played), we purchased a ton of Shinkansen ride tickets. That's all William wanted to do. The driver is Sato-san. He was William's bus driver the first year of school here, and the nicest man.
So, all I did was watch the train go around the track. It goes around their playground area. They have a little bridge and the like... nothing special, but it can be kind of fun.
Crystal is behind William, and Kate in front of him. Their moms are Japanese, their dads American. Cute girls!
I wanted to show the fishing pond. I don't know who makes all of these packets, but it has to take some time. Inside are items like small books, or pens and paper.
You get a fishing pole with a dull, plastic hook, and have to try and put it through a rubber band that is stapled onto the 'fish.'
They did this one in the swimming pool at the school. We were gone during the school's swimming lessons in August, so at least William got to use the pool!
He got the one he wanted, a Tsubame fast train.

Finally, the tickets for the shinkansen ride ran out. They were laughing at me because I had gotten so many. By the time I got inside, all the good stuff was gone, and there were a few expensive things left. Then someone told me it was HALF PRICE. So, I got a few really groovy things! SCORE! Good things come to those who wait... for shinkansen rides to be done!

No comments: