Thursday, June 17, 2010

Soleil no Oka May 31, 2010

I took the toll roads. It was 15 minutes back to my house from here, it's that close! You can find out how to get there on the Oakleaf website. It's basically Sunny Hill Farm. It is free to get in, but costs ¥1,000 to park.
It was Memorial Day, and William was off of school, so we made a day of it. I listened to my iTouch while William played and played and played at this playground. We didn't even try to find what vegetable or fruit they were harvesting that day. It's kinda like a run-down Disneyland with a small farm theme.
I just loved this 'ride.' For ¥300, you get 20 minutes on different styles of bikes.
¥300 for 20 minutes on this fake grass hill. William loved the blue sled.
It was a hoot. And he was using up all that energy!
He even asked to ride a horse. One lead around the ring was ¥700.
But, he absolutely loved it!
Feeding the horses set me back ¥200. This horse would paw his foot to get attention and therefore more carrots.
These are the 'cowboys' by the stables. I had to laugh. I am in Japan, right?
This little tiny Thomas was ¥200, but William loved it. He has finally outgrown Thomas, but it's still a bit of fun.
The suspension bridge went over some ponds...
...where you could wade!
William went under that bridge. If you double-click, you can see him!
The train is ¥300 and totally not worth it. I guess there needs to be one tractor on a farm like this!
Go carts were ¥600. In order to drive, you have to be 140 cm.
William loved this bike. You jump up and down, and it makes it go.
He FINALLY tried another 'bike.' This one had 4 wheels. The reason he chose these ones? They were TWO wheel drive. The rest were only 1 wheel drives!
And no fun day is complete in Japan without icecream!

No comments: