Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hiromi Baby Shower

Ah... life is a beach. We got together at an Indian restaurant on Kamakura beach. The view was stellar. The sun was bright. The wind was light, yet cooling. Perfect day. Jun-yi and I met Hiromi when our sons were in the same preschool class. Now Jun-yi and I take lessons from Hiromi's best friend.
She was totally surprised. She was just going to lunch with a friend, or so she thought! The friend saw our van, knew Hiromi would recognize it, and stopped at a convenience store to let us get there ahead of them, and park and hide the car. Fast thinking!
Reina is the one on the right, right next to Hiromi. Everyone kept speaking Japanese to us, even though they all spoke excellent English. We struggled as much as they wanted to annoy themselves with.
You know it's all about the food. The top is a chicken and vegetable, the bottom left a seafood (didn't care for it, too clammy), and the right was chicken. Pretty good, although I always pay for eating curry in the end. :)
Jun-yi's nan.
I went to take a pic of the gifts. I saw a beer bottle there. I thought, "Cool! Something for after the baby's born!"
This was such a beautiful cake. I found out that they make them at a restaurant near my place. Can't wait to host a dinner, so I can buy one for dessert! I know what my birthday cake will be this year!
And the name of the bag it came in? A HAPPY MEAL bag! Now, that's a true happy meal for chocolate-starved women!
I ate all of mine. As we were leaving, I noticed someone left half of theirs. That's crazy! Okay, that's skinny... Oh, I'll add this: There's a very nice Japanese lady I met here named Saeko. Her husband (American) says sometimes that's pronounced, 'Psycho.' :)

No comments: