Monday, June 14, 2010

Kindergarten Picnic

Ms. Prior paid for a picnic for the children and their parents. It was a sunny day, but windy and COLD! I was amazed at how well William was getting used to his new school, new rules and new teachers.
She had sandwich makings, veggies and fruit platters. It was all about getting done as quickly as possible...
...so they could go play!
Ms. Prior is an amazing kindergarten teacher. I have joked that where we don't have good luck on some things, other places we luck out. And so we have with Ms. Prior.
Some of the Japanese moms were there, and I got to meet them. What is funny, is that they told me how they'd been telling their kids that they were WRONG. There can't be a blonde little American boy who speaks Japanese. At the picnic, they could see for themselves. They asked me how it was, and I told them about Seika. NOW they understand. They were all laughing, because they hadn't believed their kids.
Is anyone not wearing shoes? Just a nod to the Abbey Road Beatles album. My Japanese student (studying English) is 20. He is clueless about the Beatles. WHAT?

No comments: