Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kenting, Taiwan

Yes, it's a tropical island, and the southern end of it has nice weather!  I had heard of Kenting, and I love the beach.  So, we went THSR to Zouing (currently the end of the line, but they are extending further), then got a bus for Kenting.  It was 2 more hours there.

But, it was worth it!  Mexican music was blaring when we got there, and Corona signs everywhere.  I felt like I was in Mexico!

You could rent equipment.  I rented an umbrella, chairs and innertubes.

It was such a lovely day, and the food was okay.  EXPENSIVE, though!

I'm getting ahead of myself.  Here are things we saw along the way:

Road signs only in Chinese.

Fish farms.

Graveyards.

Top of the double decker bus.

The driver who dropped us off and didn't understand when I asked him where to catch the bus back.  He just kept motioning, and made us exit the bus.  Oh well.  I didn't worry about it, we just went on down to the nearest beach!  :)

Old city gate.

Entrance to the Kenting park.  It's something more than beaches, I'm told!

The beach was a beautiful small bay.

It was wonderful to be there, soaking in the sun, and enjoying the water.

This was the name of the cove.  Okay, so it wasn't a bay.

Darn.

Wm loved the beach too.

The sun was so strong.

And so was the beer.

The locals were totally clothed up.

My lunch.

William's lunch.

Our umbrella's view.

Flag on beach.

Beach bums.

We finally figured out where to catch the bus back to Zouing.  Not before this guy tried to get us to pay him to take us back.  It was too cheap of a price, and I didn't trust him.  He is chewing a berry that has a drug effect.  It makes their teeth nasty.  I was told it is a small high.

No comments: