Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Machida Shrine Sale

Gotta love junkin' for antiques!

I got some beads from this guy.

The actual shrine.

These are old-style kokeshi dolls.  So cute!

I thought it interesting that we saw some people in traditional dress there shopping.  There were a ton of Americans from all the local bases.  We heard a lot of jets overhead.  Apparently, since the ship was STILL being worked on, the pilots, who usually do their training out over the open ocean, had to do it over land, as they'd lose their qualifications without the flight times.

So Japanese.  I want one.  That I could keep alive without too much work on my part.  I know it's hopeless!  Hence, here's the pic of it!

This Japanese pottery guy just cracked me up!  I should have bought him.

There were everything from purses to obi there.  The obi I wanted was hand-done, and $350.00.  I passed on it.  There were some beautiful items, though!

No comments: