Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sagami Giant Kite Festival

Info online in English

These are huge.  It was a long way to go for watching kites, but the energy needed to get these huge kites up is impressive to watch.  

This is a smaller kite's grid, where they can add the cloth later.

William and I enjoyed the sunshine.

They got it up and flying!!!

It looks small, but it's so big!

Same for this one!

From a distance.

You can see both at once.

The days of the event.

Koi noburi blowing in the breeze.

In between flights, folks could go down on the field and look at it.

William liked the kaki gori (shave ice).

Some of the kite crews taking a break.  Notice they have all the same happy coats on!

You can see the kite, clear from the train station, about a mile away.

So cool!  I did shoot video... but here I am without the computer that has that footage on it.  I guess one day I'll have time to post it... don't hold your breath.  :)

No comments: