Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Overkill

Our Christmas started at 6:30 with one very excited boy! William was pretty happy, too...
Santa did NOT bring him 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-it-Yourself kit.' Instead, he got this mass cool Lego train with 7 speeds on a remote control.
In the debris are gifts from friends, and clothes. Why do people send clothes?
Maybe 'cause they're cool! We'll see how many times he wears this one, as he didn't wear his outfit for Halloween much. Why they didn't make this hat square, I don't know. Sponge bob Arch pants just doesn't seem correct.
This is the debris field. William got several Sponge Bobs and Tom and Jerry's. I hope he doesn't get any ideas...
Tim got Grand Tourismo 5. He loves it.
At this writing, they're at level 17. That's some serious time committed, but they both love playing it!
The Kahns and Rogers came for dinner. Rodney had duty, so we sent home leftovers for him. It was a nice dinner. Although I used a paper tablecloth I purchased at Target. Did I get to brag that I got to go home and shop at Target?!? Woot!
Barb and Ken Kahn PCS out soon, as does my best friend here, Calandra Rogers.
I am sooooooooooooooooooo sad. I am bracing myself to not have that full support. She's an amazing woman, and used her time here to get a masters degree. Well spent! The Navy will now move them to Maine for a year, part of which her husband will be in San Diego for training. Then, they'll move with the ship to Hawaii. Why they just don't send her direct to Hawaii, and let her and the kids get on with life? Ah, the life of the military families. Every time I felt bad here, I knew Calandra was doing it without her husband barely being here, as his ship was out most of the time.
William and Tim building the Lego train. Life is good. William hugged me several times and thanked me for making it the best Christmas ever! I'd prefer cookies.

No comments: